Thursday, March 17, 2011

{ BENTO } From Japan with LOVE

{ BENTO } the first time I heard it a few years ago... I thought what a peculiar name! I just had to find out what all the buzz was about. When I discovered this wonderful "Japanese lunch art" I thought "WOW" there is a reason why Japan is at the forefront of technology and thinking!

I began to dabble with this art. I decided to keep it simple and fun. Fun enough my kids would eat their entire lunch, instead of bringing home wrapped store bought things to toss in the trash. What a waste. I am here to tell you Bento is the best thing since sliced bread...it eliminates the need for ziploc and package waste (which is great for the environment), it saves money, and there is not as much food waste. My children love BENTO, they can't wait to see what they are getting each day. The best part...I know what they are eating as I have prepared it fresh from home. You should give it a try!

My heart goes out to the people currently living in Japan. I can't imagine enduring such devastation. Thoughts and prayers.

Photo kudos Kelly at Bentology.
Favorite Bento sites:

Life of Bridey
Lunch in a Box
Bento Madness
Bentology


Buy the Bento Box Cookbook! All proceeds go to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...