Sunday, October 16, 2011

{Practice Serendipity} Enjoy the little things....


I love living my life by Serendipity. I keep a list of my favorite quotations and sayings about life and try my best to live by my favorite quotations that are near and dear to my heart. I find the list inspiring and a great way to stay in check with what is important in life.  I have decided to share with you some of my favorites in a regular series I like to call "Practice Serendipity". Perhaps it will inspire some of you to do the same. :)

{Practice Serendipity} "Enjoy the little things"

Some of the "Little things" That are the "biggest things" for me

My little family...my universe.

Saying "I love you" today and not waiting till tomorrow...

Living each day to the fullest

Making memories: Baking with my children, playing barbies and dinkies, campouts in the living room & letting the kids stay up late, total random silliness, playing hookie with me kids for the day, letting each of them have a day of their choosing all to themselves, Cloud watching, random pretend adventures...the imagination is limitless bar stools as rockets to outer space, beds become pirate ships escaping captain hook...anything could be happening at our house....;)

Watching my children sleep - there is nothing more peaceful and beautiful to me.

Family travels - quality time spent exploring the world with the ones I love the most. :)

Capturing life behind a lens....

Doing what I love everyday....Imagination, creating, camera, paper, pencil, paint, digital.

Pajama days....

Random acts of kindness to total strangers.

Listening to old tunes...music is at the heart of memories.

Smiling at someone who looks unhappy....I have learned that can make someones day.

Watching favorite classic movies.

Appreciating everything about my past, sacrifices made for me, loss, pain, hurt, mistakes...for without all of these things I would never learn.

Sharing my childhood memories with my children and teaching them about their ancestors. :)

Truly thanking someone for a job well done...people appreciate that.

Looking through old family photos

Time spent with our parents, sisters and their families..cherish those times..they are rare...as they live far away.

Fresh baked apple pie, Cupcakes, the smell of fresh cut grass, the sound of falling rain, watching baby birds at play...sand between my toes, sun on my face, so much beauty all around if we stop and take the time to notice. :)

Being a Hero to my children...no better feeling in the world.

Finding something lost

Loving that I am an 80's child - adoring nostalgia

Hunting for vintage and old treasures.

Waking up in the morning and realizing that today is a new day, anything is possible.

Believing in miracles...they really do exist. ;)

My followers taking the time to contact me....I love reading your emails and notes. :)

Sharing ideas with all of you. :)

"all of these things are gifts that money can't buy"

--if you are looking for the little sign and saying above...it is by: Primitives by Kathy Phillips...I purchased it and others at a local country store, but they are available online here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...